Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Richmond RING (Leader)

 

I love my job! I get to meet the brightest and hardest working professionals in the real estate industry and I get paid to do it! How great is that? As it happens I get to meet more people than I ever imagined and you begin to see some trends in personalities and conversations, and there is one trend that I can’t pass up sharing with you.

 

You see, as a publisher of a media group, I get proposals and joint partnership offerings on a fairly regular basis. Most of the time it is easy to tell right off the bat that I am going to end up doing a whole lot of work for very little benefit. That does not fit the traditional win-win scenario that we have all been trained to work towards. Recently, I met up with Melody Scott who happens to be the President of the Richmond Ring www.RichmondRing.com while she was visiting her cross-town counterpart Richmond REIA. She struck me as the type of person who makes a difference. She is one of those rare people that adds value to a relationship without holding her hand out. In fact, if she says she is going to do something, you can take it to the bank! While most people are trying to figure out how you can help them, she has taken the approach of “How can I help you first?” Wow! Refreshing!

 

My goal in this blog, among other things, is to identify the people places and things that are working successfully in this real estate market and to let the world know about them. Even if you don’t live anywhere near Richmond, Virginia, it still makes sense to emulate the Richmond Ring. If the success of every organization rises and falls on leadership, then the Richmond Ring is going to be around for a while because they have people like Melody leading the way. It is my opinion that the way out of our current economic downturn is to buddy-up with local experts to improve the situation in our own backyard one deal at a time. What better way is there to do that than to sync up with the local experts at Richmond Ring or your own local Real Estate Investor Association?  The people that attend the monthly meetings are forward thinking, positive, creative people that are collectively looking for solutions to keep moving forward. You can always watch the news or talk to your brother in law about how bad things are, but those don’t make an impact, in fact, those conversations perpetuate the problems by giving them our attention. By attending a monthly meeting, you are re-directing your time and energy to be a part of the solution, not part of the problem.

 

Like I said, I love my job…I get to meet the brightest real estate professionals in the business at all levels, and I feel fortunate to have made the acquaintance of Melody Scott of Richmond Ring…check them out at www.RichmondRing.com and give them my regards!

 

Robert D. Cass

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment