Friday, July 24, 2009

The Patience of a Gardener

I have found a new joy that compliments my interests in real estate. Gardening...or more specifically, vegetable gardens.

It is a modest garden of watermelon, cantaloupes, tomatoes, summer squash and cucumbers, but the lessons I am learning are invaluable. Now that the season is in full-swing, my sons and I go out to the garden every evening to see what is ready to pick. My youngest son of 19 months is getting very good at determining what is ready to pick and what is not.

The watermelons have him fooled though. My youngest boy can't figure out why we aren't picking the things that are biggest in the garden. Even though the watermelon are far from being ready, they aren't ready to pick. Real estate is the same way. If you pick your exit too early, you miss the fruit of your labor; profits.

You see, sometimes we have to be just a little bit more patient, and remind ourselves that every deal is not the same and every situation is different. Find your deal, work it, tend to it, give it what it needs to bear fruit. Pick it too early and all is for naught...Maybe you should try gardening to keep your mind off things...just a thought.

Happy Gardening, errr, Investing...

http://www.LocalRealEstateDeals.com
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment